Thursday, May 10, 2007

Set me free

I'm like a bird stuck in a cage
Looking behind these brasen bars
At a world that seems so much more
One at which I wish I could obtain

I'm like a train on a track
Running along these cold steel rails
Heading to a destination set
Never to stray away on my own.

I want more then this
To set my own path
I want more then this
To spread my wings, set me free

I'm like a snowflake falling to the ground
Only to be trampled under your feet
I'm like a fire that rages under control
Only going where you allow me to

I don't want to be that way
i want to float freely and stand upon my feet
I don't want to be that way
I want to burn brighter, faster, higher then before

I'm like a star out there shining brightly
But I'm just like the rest shimmering as bight as they
I'm like a cloud that goes where the wind blows
But I want to float where I wish to rain when I want

I want to be free to stand on my own
To hear only that what I need to hear
And folowing only those that I trust
to stand firm and not be pushed over

By Aimee R.M. Condon

No comments: