Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In Memory of My Grandparents!

My grandparents George and Harriette Irwin lived a live of servanthood, demonstrating the best that we all could be. They lived a life devoted to God and to the commission of preaching His name unto the ends of the Earth. George and Harriette were missionaries in Vietnam where they worked and lived for most of there lives. They preached the Gospel to all kinds of tribes that lived in that area of Vietnam and there is where they loved to be. i did not personally know my Grandparents that close but their lives have always inspired me to reach for the best that is out there. The stories that I was told about there lives and the pictures that they had, ignited a passion in me to see the lost reached even if it meant losing my own life. I could see in them even in their retirement that their one goal in life was to do what the Lord called to them to do. My Grandpa never stopped even if he seemed to not be able to move or in a lot of pain he stilled pressed on to see God's kingdom spread to the Vietnamese and Chinese people that live in Toronto (the city that he retired in). I am grateful to my grandparents that they never gave up and that they continued to preach, it has inspired me to preach the Gospel no matter what the cost is. I'm grateful to God that he gave them that call, that He protected, provided and gave them a compassion for all people. I only hope that I can be even half of what they were. Their lives were filled with adventures everything I from off-roading to preaching to a tribe that believed in human sacrifice. They though all this that they experienced I'm sure must have leaned and fully trusted in God. I'm saddened but also extremely joyed to hear that they have passes on. I am saddened because they are no longer here on this earth, but I am joyed that they have left here to be in heaven with God. Their lives will forever live on in my memory and I'm sure they memories of many others. This is written to honor the lives of the faithful in Christ Jesus. The people that have inspired me to be better. but most of all in memory of my Grandparents:
George Irwin passed away on January 27, 2007
Harriette Irwin passed away on March 12, 2007

Yours truly,
Aimee R.M. Condon

No comments: